This specific training is also available in Valencia (Spain). Ask us for a personalised program.
Nuquest is official dealer of Sailing Team; on identical boats of 7.5 meters, the activity answers the teambuilding objective by producing an opportunity of discovery and training. Fleet sailing teaches the teams on how to observe other boats and how to analyse the efficiency of their way of functioning. But it mostly imposes an active communication mode as well as the development of team methods for the onboard communication in order to deliver results.
The sail activity, as within a company, offers to each embarked person a permanent and clear function during each race. The most obvious analogy between competition sailing - regatta - and business, takes place in the alchemy that has to be created within a team in order to transcend the results.
Every single person that embarks onboard of a racing boat gets a permanent function, like in his professional environment: everybody is in charge and assumes a permanent responsibility (helmsman, sail trimmer, …)
To assume these responsibilities, every team member acquaints oneself with the role of its team mates in order to interact synchronically. The representation of the team mate's mission in the space will allow avoiding all interference between them.
The experience at sea is then transposed to the professional activity of the participants.
The amount of possible analogies and transpositions is impressive. To name but a few of them, take a look at the short list we have set up. You might find the one(s) that describes your need.
1. Individual responsibility: performance in the fulfilment of ones specific task, control over ones own physical limits, self-control.
Collective responsibility: success of ones colleague, support of the leader to free his talents.
2. Respect of ones own limits and the ones of others: on a mental (understanding), emotional (stress, anxiety, ...) and physical (stamina, resistance, ...) point of view.
3. Obligation of learning by doing.
4. Mistakes are an integral part of the project and its development.
The impossibility of mastering or controlling the environment imposes a strong capacity of adaptation.
5. The skipper cannot practice his responsibility of leader unless he is able to get as free as possible of the operational management. He doesn't take the helm, he doesn't trim the sails.
6. The diversity of participants' profiles reinforces the ability of the team to maintain its level of competence (complementarities).
7. Risk minimization as a discipline to stay good in average.
8. The skipper establishes a strategy based on the environment and its evolution (wind, currents, marks ...)
9. The skipper must be onboard, he cannot just stay onshore and shout instructions
10. The autonomy of the team members when they do their tasks as well as in their self-development is essential for the skipper; it gives him the necessary steps to stay in touch with the outside world (environment and competition).
For this pure teambuilding activity we use all identical competition boats:
Bénéteau First Class 7.5 meters for teams from 4 to 5 persons.
→ Minimum 8 persons
→ This activity starts at 400 € ex VAT per person
→ Read some customers stories here!